This privacy notice sets out how SC FLIO Travel & Events SRL , the company that owns Secret Romania brand, protects the privacy of your personal information. All of us at Secret Romania respect your privacy. We administrate safely any personal data you will offer about you, your family members or other persons. The purposes of data collection are hotel and tourism services, insurance and reinsurance services and electronic communications services.
We recognise and acknowledge the importance of your personal data and are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
1. What information do we collect and why?
We need to collect, use and disclose personal information to perform our duties as a travel agent, namely, making and managing travel bookings on behalf of our customers. During the course of our relationship we may collect the following:
Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details (address, telephone and email address)
Passport number, date of birth and nationality – if required by the respective airline
Dietary requirements relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service provider(s) (e.g. accommodation)
Information provided by filling forms on our website – e.g. email address. This information will be used to contact you about your bookings
Social media – by interacting with the social media features on our website (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) you will be bound by the privacy policies of the respective social media companies
IP address and cookies – When you access our website our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address
Personal data you provide about other individuals:
- We use personal data about other individuals provided by you, such as those people on your booking.
- By providing other people’s personal data, you must be sure that they agree to this and you are allowed to provide it. You should also ensure that, where appropriate, they understand how their personal data may be used by us.
2. How will we collect this information?
We usually collect your personal data from the information you submit during your relationship with us. The above data may be collected from the following sources:
Information generated about you when you purchase or make enquiries, regarding a travel arrangement; via the phone, email, website or our partners websites.
3. What do we use your personal data for and what is the lawful basis for doing so?
In order to perform our duties as a travel agent. The consequences of not providing this information is that we will be unable to complete your booking. Personal and contact details are used for the purposes of completing the travel bookings you make on our site. Similarly, passport numbers, date of birth and dietary requirements.
3.2 Legitimate interest
For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service.
Your information may also be utilised for broader reasons, such as: to provide you with travel confirmation and updates on your itinerary, to manage your booking and to allow us to contact you for customer service.
4. With whom do we share your personal data?
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Primary suppliers: hotels, guides, transfer providers, car rental and activity providers who fulfil your travel reservation
- Third parties who provide services on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics and fraud prevention
- As required or authorised by applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations
5. For how long do we keep your personal data on file?
Personal data is retained as long as is necessary, for the purpose that it was originally obtained
To protect us against any contractual claims, generally for a period of 7 years
Records are kept in line with legal and regulatory requirements / guidance
6. Your rights
Below is a list of the rights that you have regarding the personal information that we process. You have the right to;
- Confirm with us that we are processing your data
- Request access to the personal data we hold
- Have data amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request that we delete your personal data if there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- Request that we remove your consent
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of your request.
If you are dissatisfied with our data processing activities, you have the right to complain to the Romanian National Authority for General Data protection.
7. IP addresses
When you visit our website, use any of our mobile applications or open communications from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address.
We collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non- personal data. For example, to monitor the device, browser utilised and geographic locations from where customers and visitors navigate our site.
8. Tracking Technologies / Cookies
We use anonymised third-party web analytics services on our websites and mobile apps, such as Google analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and apps.